This is technically my third mothers day.
On my first mothers day, Mae Mae wasn’t even a month old and getting a gift from Eddie just felt a little off. I felt like I was cheating and claiming fame to a holiday that I really didn’t belong to. To be honest, I was a little weird-ed out by the whole ordeal.
On my second mothers day, Mae Mae had just turned one and it seemed a little more real. But I was still deep in the sleep deprivation at this point and the entire event is a little fuzzy. That will happen when you don’t sleep for two years.
This past Sunday was different though. ……
- Mae Mae and Daddy said “Happy Mother’s Day” and I didn’t roll my eyes. It felt good.
- A little girl walked up to me from out of nowhere at Mass and told me “Happy Mother’s Day” and I was genuinely touched.
- I got my first MD card from Mae complete with crayon scribbles and all.
- I grumbled under my breath about cleaning the house thinking I should have had the day off.
- Yaya and Mae picked me a few wildflowers (daisies and clover).
- Eddie brought home a banana shake for Mae and I to share.
I am starting to feel like a real life mommy. Not just someone trying it on for size.
I guess the third time’s the charm.