Linking with Jen!
1. Have you ever had a moment you could visually see the effects that your stress was having on your kids????….For me, it was the trip to the grocery store last weekend. Mae and I had both had a crummy cold and had been cooped up all day. I had to really work to muster up the energy to go the store….As we were headed to town, I instinctively starting some deep breathing to de-stress…It is amazing to me what few deep breaths can do for the psyche. A few deep breaths in, I realized that Mae Mae thinks I am exhaling just like we blow on our food to cool it down. She is in her car seat just blowing away, happy as a lark! That sight brought me right out of my funk to give me a swift kick in the ass reminder that I need to shove those whiny thoughts aside. There was the sweetest baby in the back seat and she needed her mother to get with it. Message received.
2. Not to kick the dead dog or anything but the Facebook debate continues around here. Not a day goes by that I don’t mull this over and consider signing up. So, I was just thrilled to see this great post by Jen that really summed this all up for me. Granted, I still haven’t decided but I am comforted that I am not the only one who struggles with this…
3. Ever heard of Cupping? Read this explanation as it does such better job of explaining it then I ever could. I am a newbie to the acupuncture world as I have only been going for a few months but I am amazed with the results. It is strangely comforting to not really understand the science behind it all and just let the needles do their thing. I am currently going twice a week to address some postpartum hormonal imbalances. At my last appointment, my practitioner switched it up and she pulled out all the stops with the cups for 15 minutes followed by 45 minutes of the needles. By the time I got home, I was energized, focused, my cold/sore throat was gone and I felt great. It is now 4 days later and I am still riding on my cupping buzz. I highly recommend that type of treatment. Here is a great resource for all things eastern medicine.
4. I had the luxury of spending time with a good friend this week. She is one of those folks that never fail to open my eyes to new ideas and possibilities and renew my faith in life. I always leave her with a renewed sense of direction and just damn right inspired. Gotta keep those folks in your life!
5. A friend of ours lost his wife this week at the young age of 26. Tragic and heartbreaking…..Had many a dream about it this week.
7. Links I am loving this week:
Checkout this brutally honest post about life and loss.
This is a must read for those trying to conceive or thinking about trying to conceive.
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!